Wednesday, September 26, 2012

SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY


Last week in class we learned a new concept that really caught my eye. It was Self-fulfilling Prophecy. 
This is basically a prediction that comes true because you act on it as if it were true.
It can apply to many aspects of your life, and it covers many different situations as family relationships, educational settings, bussines, and your own perspective of things.

Yesterday I had a really difficult test on my Biomedical Principles class, and I was truly worried about it.
I didn't know what to do, and finally I applied what I knew about self-fulfilling prophecy. I studied hard, and I convinced myself that I was going to do great on it!!
To my surprise the test wasn't as bad as I thought, and I was pretty confident with what I knew. I did a really good job! :D:D

I think that self-fullfilling prophecy is really useful. It brings confidence, and it helps to change your perspective of things.


2 comments:

  1. What a great way to use self-fulfilling prophecy! You obviously have a clear understanding of the concept to be able to apply it in that way. I really enjoyed your images you shared in your posting, too. You are doing a great job on your blog! 12/12 earned

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! I did the same thing when it came to my driver's test. I told myself I was prepared and that I could do it then I ended up getting 100%! :)

    ReplyDelete