Sunday, September 30, 2012

LISTEN!!!!

This week my Interpersonal Communication class was about LISTENING.
We learned the 5 stages of listening, how things like gender or cultural differences can affect the way we listen to others, and we also learned a really important concept: Empathy.
Empathy is when you understand what the person means and the way he/she feels. In order to be an active listener, you need to have empathy. After I read what empathy was, I decided I was going to try to apply it in my life. I know it is not always easy to understand what others are going through, but it is always better if you have someone that listens to you!! :)
When we avoid offensive listening & we listen with empathy, we become good friends and active listeners!!! :D



1 comment:

  1. You always seem to find the perfect graphics to go along with your blog posts :) This is a great post and you include a very important goal. Empathy is often forgotten when friendships become too comfortable. 12/12 earned

    ReplyDelete