Sunday, September 23, 2012

JOHARI WINDOW!

The Johari Window is a simple and useful tool for illustrating and improving self-awareness, and mutual understanding between individuals within a group. =)
In class we had the opportunity to learn more about Johari Windows, and actually we did our own.
As the picture shows, a Johari Window has 4 parts or sections:
The Open Area, Blind Area, Hidden Area & Unknown Area. 
It was really interesting to learn what each section meant, and actually create my own Johari window was really nice!! I liked it because I learned more about myself & I also learned what my classmates think about me.

I think that by applying the idea of the Johari Window, we can learn more about self-disclosure, and we can learn to give, and accept, constructive feedback. =)!

3 comments:

  1. This is an excellent posting for this class! You do a great job of explaining the concept as well as applying it to your life. I also really like the images you found :) Don't forget to site the sources. 12/12 earned

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining, they just shine. See the link below for more info.


    #shining
    www.edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your picture, may I use it in a handout?

    ReplyDelete