Monday, October 8, 2012

INTERNET SAFETY

Last week some of my classmates and I had the opportunity to present in front of our class a Power point Presentation about "Internet Safety". In the presentation, my team and I talked about the big impact that technology has in our society.
We mentioned the advantages of having access to computers and technology, and we also discussed some dangers & risks that can be found while navigating in the internet.

Personally, I learned a lot. One of the things that I didn't know before this presentation is that we actually have politeness rules online. This group of specific rules is called NETIQUETTE.

I think it is really interesting how technology provides us infinite possibilities with just one click. It connects us with so many different places around the world in just a few seconds!!  That is why we need to be aware of the dangers that are online, and also we need to come to a better understanding that what we post is having a big effect in others too. :)










http://www.islandtrees.org/main/technology/internetsafety.php

1 comment:

  1. This is a great blog posting! It summarizes the activity well and then you explain how it applies to you and the real world. I especially enjoyed the last paragraph where you tie everything together. Only a couple MUGS errors in this posting, so 11/12 was earned.

    ReplyDelete